- This event has passed.
May 14 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm€10,00 – €20,00
Tuamgraney Harp Festival 2022 – Competitions rules.
Competitions will be held in Tuamgraney in St Cronan’s,
one of the oldest church’s in Ireland, where Brian Boru himself walked,
on Saturday 14th of May 2022
-Harp solo U 18 (minimum 3 years playing experience)
-Ensemble (minimum 1 harps) open age
Minimum of 3 musicians and maximum of 6 members.
For all categories :
Own choice of “celtic” music for a minimum of 5 and maximum of 8 minutes, performed continuosly. Points will be deducted if over or under this time. Special attention should be paid to selection of tunes, and efforts should be made to play tunes other than jigs, reels and hornpipes, e.g. explore also the music from other celtic nations to provide as much variety as possible.
Newly composed tunes are welcome provided they stay in the traditional celtic style.
An effort should be made to ensure that the harp is the central focus of the arrangement.
List of pieces has to be given to adjudicators or organisors before the start of all competitions. Prizes : Cash prizes and Rita O’Dowd Perpetual Cup
COMPETITIONS ENTRY FEES
€10 solo competition
€20 group competition
Public will be admitted free of charge
Entries are payable online (on the website)
1) Ensemble competition is open to all ages. Harp solo is for competitors under 18 years old. Proof of age may be requested by the committee
2) All entry forms for competitors under 18 years of age must be signed by a parent or guardian
3) In order that 3 Prizes per competition may be awarded it will be necessary to have at least 4 competitors (4 solos / 4 Ensembles) in any competition
4) If a competitor is not present when called for the competition he/she/they may be disqualified
5) The committee will not be responsible for any at loss of, or damage to, competitor’s property
6) For competitors’ full names and adresses must be listed on the entry forms
7) Any objection must be written and signed by objector and handed to the secretary together with a
fee of €10 within fifteen minutes of the close of competition and before the adjudicators
decision is announced
8) The decision of the committee shall be final and binding in respect of all matters relating to the
competitions and this shall be accepted by each competitor
9) Each competitor on entering the competition will be deemed to have read and accepted these
10)Entries must be in accordance with these rules, fee(s) must be payed, and validity of an entry is the responsability of the competitor
11)Entries fees cannot be reumbursed once paid.
12)Entries are at the discretion of the committee
13)Each competitor will have his/her wristband to compete
14)Competitions will be acoustic only.
15)Competitions deadline is: 13th of May 2022